Thursday, March 13, 2014

Message to Young Travelers

google image



If I had one message
for you young travelers out there,
it would be this:

Soften your hearts.
Lay down your guardedness,
your judgment,
your I-I-I,
and your they-they-they.
Think of those others:
their feelings,
their perspective,
the journeys they have made,
all they have endured.
Kindness draws them close;
disdain keeps them away.
It sounds easy,
but you have to know
it's happening,
those fences you erected,
that keep them out.

Choose to be peaceful -
let your issues and pricklyness
fly away
like dandelion puffs
 on the spring breeze.

Open the windows
of your shuttered hearts,
let the others in.

Be joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.