Saturday, March 25, 2017

Saturday by the Sea


This morning, the sun was shining, so the beach was calling. When I got there, the road was lined with cars from one end to the other. Every surfer on the West Coast must have been there. 



The waves were spectacular. A cacophony of hoots, laughter, joyous shrieks and happy dog barks
filled the air, counterpoint to the roar of the waves.


When a photo opp like this walks by, one must be swift with her camera to capture it. The surfers watching them pass seemed to appreciate the beauty as well. 







I like to play with my camera at the edge of the water, trying to capture the changing patterns on the sand as the waves withdraw. So I was standing there, back to the ocean, when suddenly a big wave rushed in, filling my boots, soaking my jeans to the knee, and almost knocking me down. I emerged nonchalantly, cane tap tap tapping, pretending the immersion was intended. LOL.



I came home with my heart singing (and with a jelly doughnut for dessert tonight.) I tell you, life doesn't get much better.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, the ocean. How I miss it, even just 'my' Semiahmoo Bay, looking across to Birch Bay and Point Roberts. Hardly the wide open ocean that filled your boots, Sherry, but I miss it.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so happy, Sherry. I love this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your happiness is infectious. I'm here in my room but in spirit I'm at that beach with you. Enjoy lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this magic moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. Big sigh. Glad you have it, happy to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must be what joy looks and sounds like. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeousness. It makes my heart smile so much, thinking of beautiful you in all that glorious beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.