Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Light That Never Goes Out

 


There is a light that never goes out,
the song goes, and I know it's true.
Back when I was young and skinny,
in an emotional coma, full of panic
and shyness, a thorn in my every rose,
still I had dreams that never gave up.
I had hope that never quit.
All the songs and books had told me
a great love would be mine.

I waited a long time
for that big black wolf to find me.



for Shay's Word List The Light That Never Goes Out is a reference to a song by The Smiths.

5 comments:

  1. But he did. And just like my Sundance, he became as much a part of you as your own heart. Who would we have been without them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I became more the person I was meant to be because of him. He and Sundance were amazing beings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Sherry :-) And I love that particular Smiths song too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wolf must have had a gigantic heart. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, our sweet animals ground us, make us realize we are special and have a lot to give... (now I have to go hug my baby dogs)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.