Sunday, August 16, 2020

WINDIGO

 


Through the mist, I see a shaman,
on a fencepost, point the way;
into the forest I go, listening,
for all it has to say.

Wolf Spirit, Windigo, you sorrow
at the extinction of your clan,
the destruction of your habitat
by the tribe of man.

Once we lived and spoke together.
once upon a time we knew
that everything was connected.
You were me, and I was you.

The animals are speaking.
if only we could hear
their cries of distress and hunger,
so heartbreaking, so near.

The forest is deep and dark
and there be spirits here.
When we listen to the creatures,
their message is so clear.

Their peril and ours is connected,
they most want us to know.
Owl, Oracle, Guardian,
protect me as I go.


a poem from 2019 for the open link at earthweal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.