Saturday, August 22, 2020

SKYBIRD'S SONG

 


Traveler falters
on the path.

She is wounded.
Her wolf companion
has left her side,
and her hand
is empty
when it moves
to touch his head.

It is a blow,
a hole torn
in the
fabric
of her living.

But, soon,
she hears
a skybird's song.
It mends and weaves
the sore place
in her heart, bids her
resume her journey,
encourages her
from low branches
till she
gets up
and walks again.

She follows
that bird
the whole
day long.


An old one, written after Pup died........I am very fond of birds, Sky Messengers. Shared with earthweal's open link.

7 comments:

  1. This is such a heartfelt poem, Sherry, so sad and so beautiful. I love how the
    skybird's song mends and weaves the sore place in her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am very fond of birds. Their lightness of being has a way of lifting us up and - indeed - mending our spirits. And birdsong: are there any notes that surpass the magical quality of birdsong for reviving and renewal those places in the heart. You have captured that lovely restorative quality beautifully in this piece, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you Sherry. Some spaces are aches that never really fill, and maybe that's not entirely bad--I don't want to stop remembering how much love was there with my old girl, and even now, it sustains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv your healing imagery. Happy Sunday. Stay safe. Thanjs for dropping by my blog today

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is so strong here is the affirmation that life finds new live and love. Our spirit familiars are many ... or is it the same spirit infilling so many animal presence? Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birds have helped me through grief as well. I think of them as my kind of pets. The empty had reaching really gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sadness....I feel your pain. The birds can bring happiness, but it still is not the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.