Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Miracles and Wonder*




The older I get,
the more amazed I become
at the way every life form
is designed to be interconnected
with every other.
We live surrounded by
miracles and wonder*.
Now I'm waiting
for the greatest miracle of all -
the transformation of consciousness
on the planet,
so we can all set to work
healing Mother Earth,
saving all the trees,
and planting more,
freeing all animals from abuse and torture,
cleansing all the life-giving water,
living in gratitude and awe,
the way we are meant to live
in this earthly garden.
The way we were always
meant to live
with other living beings
and with each other.


* Miracles and Wonder from the Paul Simon song on his album Graceland.

for Sumana's prompt at Midweek Motif: Ode to Age. Note to self: rather than waiting for everyone to awaken, I'll just start planting trees, shunning plastic, picking up litter, and signing petitions right where I am. I am thinking of the man who began years ago planting a few trees at a time, who  created an entire forest.

Even LADYBUGS work together to help each other out. Oh my goodness.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful vision Sherry, but a disease named greed has affected most of the world making humans mindless to the damage they are causing slowly destroying the Earth and threatening their own children with disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ". . . for the greatest miracle of all -
    the transformation of consciousness
    on the planet . . ." Yes, I think I knew it once as a wood nymph or a little child playing in the forest, but now I know it again. Starting now when it seems hopeless may just transform consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think cataclysmic climate events will force us to live a different way upon the planet. Maybe capitalism will collapse, and we'll go back to a more sustainable way of life - if there is any planet left by that time. Sigh. I try to have hope, but reality is looking pretty grim right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few weeks ago I happened to visit a State of ours called Sikkim in the lap of the Himalayas and I was overjoyed to see the forest-addicted Sikkimese. They don't use plastic & how they worship every form of life in their day to day life. Poor they may be, but they have this consciousness and enjoy healthy life. Problem is with the over-civilized humans. Ugh.
    Love this poem, & the video Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can all do our bit, we do in our own ways..but in the end if plastic is still manufactured and fossil fuel still consumed, nothing will matter. I can't see much light at the end of this tunnel, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful poem. It is my hope that day will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the answer, Sherry:
    'The way we were always
    meant to live
    with other living beings
    and with each other'
    working together rather than against each other. Now someone needs to explain that to certain people who only think of themselves - we all know who they are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ideals for the world are admirable.As for achieving them...not looking so good at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working together is the only way. Good one, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.