Tuesday, July 9, 2024

A Web of Friends



Much the way Grandmother Spider
sits in her corner,
diligently spinning her web,
to see what morsels
she might catch,

one day I tossed a line
out into a wider web.
Tapping on the keys,
I began to weave
my life
with words

that slowly
brought you to my door:
connections that I never would
have dreamed,
a window into the online community
of poetry and friendship,
that opened
a whole new wonderful world
to me,
and, at the same time,
brought me home.


 The web, and all of you, dear friends, has enriched my writing life beyond belief, bringing me friends from all over the world. I gratefully take this opportunity to thank you. It means more than you can ever know that people are reading my words. Especially now, when my pen has lost much of its former fluency. (I am grateful to still be writing anything, though, and will continue.) My friendship with each one of you - these most amazing connections - means all the world to me. And you know me best of all, because you read the words from my heart.


17 comments:

  1. "I began to weave
    my life
    with words" with love and wisdom, my friend. I feel blessed to read your poetry and to make this blog with you and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am grateful for the connections made here on the 'web.' We are all so blessed. Beautifully stated, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I chanced upon PU back then, Sherry... what a wonderul world it is here with poetry and poets and poets who have become friends. And it is true, those who read our poems know more about us than anyone else... yes, very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say? Absolutely beautiful poem. We are all blessed to have each other and share our words of joy and sorrow. I honestly cannot imagine not having contact with my little cohort every week. which has been for many many years now. I love you all dearly !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sherry we're almost on the same wavelength today. Yes, yes we are indeed blessed to have such poet friends. And I agree with what Rajani says.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comment on yours said the same thing - we really were on the same wavelength. Smiles.

      Delete
  6. I feel exactly the same - the online community feels like real friends..I am glad we have each other and are joined in the wonderful web - lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry - I appreciate you so much. You have been paramount in encouraging me to keep writing. May your web of friendship never stop growing, and getting stronger!

    Thank you for your consistency!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ollie. We have been penning poems online for a long time now. I am always happy to read what the Tired Monk is up to!!

      Delete
  8. Such lovely comments, friends. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, a web of friends, Sherry, that’s how I see all the poets I have got to know online, on the worldwide web. I love your poem, only now all I have in my head is you as Grandmother Spider!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry, I love this "home" of words we share together as a community. I also love that we can share our hearts as friends. What a hoot to think of the world wide web being spun by "Grandmother Spider"! May we keep "tossing our lines" into her net and stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are the eye of the needle that weaves the friendship web...each thread intricate and special in it's own way.

    Thank you for being a friend to me!
    Truedessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that "web of friends" connections across the world drawn together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.