Sunday, May 21, 2023

Through Grateful Eyes

 


Let me look into your mind,
the doctor said, peering
through my ear into my head.
Interesting - poke poke poke -
it's full of pockets. That's no joke.
One full of
childhood woes, another
packed with dreams. You have lived
many busy lives, it seems.

There is a black hole in the centre,
where I see you've tossed
all the stuff you're glad
is long-ago and lost.

That is wise.
Life is more beautiful
when you look through
grateful eyes.


LOL. This is what popped into my head - out of whatever pocket - when I looked at the photo.
For The Muse. And happy birthday to Shay.

11 comments:

  1. Your final few words are so true. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I love it! Life is def more beautiful through grateful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is from an excellent movie that I feel sure you'd like called "Northfork." I'd hate for anyone to look inside MY head, they'd probably have to retire to a rest home afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it doesn't accomplish anything positive to spend much time in those black holes. Better to look at the things one is grateful for indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those pockets... wonder how messy mine are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make it sound easy, the doctors can do magic. But I think I'll have the black holes until I am no more. To brutal to forget. It would be my luck to have the good stuff leave instead.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent opening. You know when someone says, "let me look into your mind" that it's all downhill from there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this Sherry! The last line says it all and expresses your heart in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherry. Please send me an email. I wrote you one, sent it, but it bounced back. I have like five different ones for you and don't know which to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Sherry! I surely have a big black hole in the middle of my brain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.