Saturday, May 27, 2023

In the Land of Desperate Poets

 


In the land of desperate poets,

how desperate must one be?

So many topics to choose from,

but who's counting?

I typed the word "desperate"

into Stardreaming's search bar, and

poem after angst-riddled poem popped up.

Wild Woman has been writing

desperate poems for years.

Out in the world, extreme happenings

of every kind are being recorded

by  humans not awakened to

the urgency of a planet in distress.

People are losing their minds

and their human rights.

Animals are dying.

Animals are dying. Is that desperate

Enough?


Smiles. For the Desperate Poets open link. I think I have been waiting for a site like this.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, desperate enough for desperate poets... apparently not enough for lawmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe eventually enough of us become desperate to stop letting the greedheads play us off, Left against Right, and we re-Green a free world? I'm not saying I can visualize *how* that happens. I'm not saying I expect to live long enough to see it happen. But who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At earthweal, despair without hope seemed inappropriate, but verse in that vein gushed readily. So why not make it desperate? I hope you might consider a challenge for Desperate Poets, if so much is brooding there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "how desperate must one be?" pretty desperate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very desperate to me. I can't stand it when animals suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desperate enough it seems. Nice to read you again Sherry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.