Sunday, May 14, 2023

Things I Could Do This Morning

 


I could hose the thick dust off the car,
or sweep the fallen blossoms from the path.
I could walk into town and purchase 
the things on my list. Or drive to the beach
and jockey with the thousand tourists
for parking and space.

I could vacuum under the bed
and polish the bathroom. Or dust,
as, with windows flung wide,
the dust is everywhere.

Instead, I will sit in the sun,
stunned by torpor, like a
pollen-drunk bee, and watch
the last of the blossoms fall down
from these two old
and beautiful
trees.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, it seems to me that sitting in the sun is the very best option! All the rest can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like the best thing to do... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a wise choice. Sometimes you just need to take in the beautiful before you. The other stuff can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent decision....Excuse me.....vacuum under the bed? Now you've got me worried Sherry LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.