Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Becoming Children of Light

 


In my dream, an indigenous elder
was speaking to us, telling us
we are all one, all is connected.

There was a baby among us.
The elder showed the baby how 
to arch his arms up over his head,
making a circle. Then he told us
to do the same. We all made circles.
We all were connected. We finally
understood.

Then I was at the farm, but the field
was wild and full of animals. 
My sister's dead horse came to the fence
to visit me, and Pup was there,
dull-eyed, and tired of waiting for me
for so long.

In the front yard, a man led
a gigantic kangaroo
on what looked like a dog leash.
It was Kanga, who survived
the wildfires in Australia,
who loved the old woman
who rescued him.

When I woke, I gently re-entered
my current reality. Was it dream or vision?
Vision or dream?

Whatever it was, the message was clear:
we are all connected. We must lift ourselves
beyond the ugly rhetoric and hate
and become children of light
once again.


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful dream of connection, Sherry. We need to find a way to connect with each other and nature again and become children of light rather than children of dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a welcoming dream. How rewarded your work must feel. Such a thing to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.