Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Paradox in the Valley of the Broken-Hearted

 

image from wexas.com

How to stay balanced in a world
where bombs are falling on the innocent
and, a thousand miles away,
a basket of sweet puppies
are sleeping by the hearth
where two people are sipping tea
and smiling?

How to find reason
in the way governments speak lovely words
in silver tones, about how well
they are governing,  and the deified Economy
that rules us all, while thousands
are homeless, thousands more without
fresh water, and the medical system
is on the brink of collapse?

How to trust leaders
when domestic terrorists
have infiltrated government
and there is no reason in their
fevered fanatical eyes?

I sit under a peaceful sky,
in my comfortable rooms,
in a beautiful place
on Planet Earth,
and all over the world
living beings are struggling to survive
cataclysmic conditions.
I feel like a human sensor,
trembling and attuned
to every garbled frequency.
I register it all -
the beauty and the pain,
the peace and the unwellness
of Mother Earth,
a paradox of pain and pleasure
in the Valley of the Broken-Hearted.


After Above the Paradox Valley by Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to contemplate all that goes on in the world. I wonder about the tilting of balance. Good vs evil at the expense of the innocent. It doesn’t make sense. I try and stay grateful for what I have when so many suffer. The valley of the broken hearted indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.