Saturday, June 27, 2020

THE LANGUAGE OF CLOUDS



Looking at the sky, we long to learn
the language of clouds, of mountaintops.
Mother Sky, teach me
how to sing like small bird, like raven,
like Owl.
Quiet my heart, so I may listen
to the breath of Grandfather Cedar,
and learn to speak tree,
to speak river,
to speak wind.

Transform my soul
to make me worthy of
learning to sing
in whalesong.
Lead me along the shore,
to count the waves,
my heart singing 
joyously and forever
the song of Ocean.

An older poem for earthweal's open link


9 comments:

  1. Love this. I think you do speak the language of nature by loving and appreciating it. It speaks to us constantly and you listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that humans once spoke the language of nature, Sherry, but forgot it once they formalised languages of their own. I would love to be fluent in the ancient tongues. Just imagine what we would learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is how we learn to sing like whales -- we ask ... 'Tis a humility to simply receive.- B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Sherry. May you always find the breath and the heart to sing to mother Earth and all her children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. You know how to listen to nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, teach me the language of nature. Let me converse with nature and learn the whale songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stirring piece … and the way it speaks to the connectedness of all life on this planet - with a mesmeric lyrical cadence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if clouds and trees converse.

    yes, they do, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.