Wednesday, February 14, 2018

DAZZLED


Kennedy Lake


I am driving home through the mountains,
and I'm writing this poem to you,
Mother Earth,
because you dazzle me.
This morning,
you have your best
blue sky and sunshine on.

Snowy peaks glisten
at the summit,
gauzy clouds wrapping
the slopes' shoulders
like prayer shawls.

Tall trees are draped 
in winter snow jackets,
and  lake and  sky
change places,
the water is so clear.

Around every corner,
vista after beautiful vista
leaves me breathless,
and the only word I have for you,
today,
again and again, is
"Woooooowwwwwww!"





I drove through the mountains heading home this morning, and didnt have my camera with me. If I had, I would have stopped twenty times, the beauty was that breathtaking. The scenery is always spectacular, along that highway, though the road itself is a bit worrisome. But this morning, Mother Nature exceeded herself. She pulled out all the stops.  I wrote this poem in my mind as I traveled. I am now back at my desk, and have a lot of catching up to do. It is a glorious sunny day and I am ecstatic to be here, on the West Coast, on Planet Earth, in early spring.

for Sumana's prompt at Midweek Motif: Word.


19 comments:

  1. Yes, you are living in a most beautifully area of the world, and I am sad I never visited the west coast of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was all for you Sherry. Now she's going to dump snow on the pass. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your joy and exuberance come through loud and clear in that one word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Snowy peaks glisten
    at the summit,
    gauzy clouds wrapping
    the slopes' shoulders
    like prayer shawls.'

    Gorgeous imagery, Sherry. Sounds like a perfect day. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the image of prayer shawl clouds...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My word is for this poem is "Yahooooo". I loved this exuberant love letter to our Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My only wish is that I had been riding shotgun, I would have had my camera and we'd have such gorgeous memories to share.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooowhooo...That last word is throbbing with life!! Grand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great journey with stunning images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh beautiful...what else one wants...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooohooo indeed. You described nature so beautifully. What route were you on? Please describe for a tourist from the UK (me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live on the wild west coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I was traveling Highway 4 which crosses the Island about mid-point, then winds up and around and through the mountains to the coast. Road is narrow and twisty. But what scenery!

      Delete
  12. I love your poem. I know the feeling of being mesmerized by nature's beauty. In a way it's good you didn't have your camera. All you could do was focus yourself on the treat. Glad you're home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of my best poems came to me while driving. I kept a little hand-held recorder by my side to record them. I always considered driving alone "think tank time"! Your words transport me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see it all through your words! A beauty, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coincidentally I wrote about driving as well. We are blessed to live in such beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! Sometimes that is the only word that will do, Sherry! Wow, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.