Tuesday, September 3, 2013

RADICAL GRATITUDE


gotofino.com

how do we give back for so much beauty?
sight, and laughter, and love and dreams,
rushing river, burbling streams,
the miracle and mystery,
the beauty and the blight,
the chance to keep trying
to get it right.

give back for it all.
give thanks without ceasing.
even for the unwanted passage
that turns out to be the very portal
your soul has been seeking.

Oracle Owl calls from the forest deep:
don't go back to sleep, don't go back to sleep.

Thinking about gratitude a lot these days, and just how rich is the banquet spread before us, with all of its beauty, and so many choices. Last night I read this quote by Rabindranath Tagore, which sums it up nicely:

I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
I woke and saw that life was service.
I acted and behold, service was joy.

One from the archives, today, kids, as today is a busy one. Will come visit you all later.
Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry.... Enjoyed this, Sherry. I loved Rabindranath Tagore's quotation. There really ARE so many things to be grateful for, so much beauty if we look around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry- you say it so well. Thank you.



    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reminders Sherry ~ Thanks for uplifting our hearts ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you dipped into the archives, Sherry, for this meaningful reflective poem. I love Tagore, owl wisdom and reminders about gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An aside, when I saw the photo of your pup, I had to choke back a tear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My soul-dog has been gone since 2004. I still tear up thinking of her. She was a Golden mix. I think yours reminded me of her.

      Delete
  6. I am a huge believer in gratitude. You speak of beauty beautifully. I like the quote too, I actually read it myself recently, trying to think where.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give thanks in everything. I thank you for being a friend Sherry. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed this, Sherry. It flows beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oracle owl is precious:)
    i really like this, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.