Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Pancake Man

 


Once you see him,
you can't un-see him


The word makes me think of
a certain orange man, a
(self)important anti-hero,
who has eaten too many pancakes
and appears to wear pancake
make-up on his mug.
From one to ten, in my books
he's a zero.

No idea why he sprang to mind.
Especially when I could have
written about a dog instead,
and the poem would have been kind.

Brains abandoned, morality quite gone,
rabid beliefs whose repercussions
will be felt for years,
he makes even pacifists think
of revolvers and switchblades
(and then shed guilty
pacifistic tears.)

I'd send him to France
if I thought there was a chance
that croissants would keep him there,
but France would look askance
at his unruly hair and send him back.
Life is increasingly unfair.

How to end this poem I do not know.
We do the best we can,
so on we go.

Some nonsense for Shay's Word List.  Can you believe you can google "trump pancake", and something pops up?


7 comments:

  1. If only Trump WERE a pancake, then we could throw him in a dumpster and be done with his orange diaperload self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Once you see him you cannot unsee him. Or once you hear him, you never forget that voice! Frightening man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This had me laughing and crying all at the same time, Sherry. He is a pancake face of makeup and with a mouth full of asinine slogans packed in even more asinine syntax. The only thing worse are his zombie followers, God help us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that works , interesting and amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! This ticks a lot of boxes for me--that sense of the absurd that is increasingly becoming our reality chief among them. I love the way it rambles, and the simplicity it makes of a deliberately/intentionally convoluted situation. There really is no humor in the doom we're about to confront, and yet the spectacle of the orange pancake has to be seen, laughed at even as it is sadly believed. Love the ending also. The show must go on, and the sound and the fury translated to the nonsense it is by poets like you, dear Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the croissants somehow wrangling the pancakes, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words are some fun nonsense and utter truths all rolled into one! I love what you did Sherry and yes, I can't unsee him! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.