Sunday, February 27, 2022

When the Walls are Weeping Tears

 


The walls are weeping tears
and then bombs.

This is where I came in.
How can this
be happening
again?

Yet somewhere, in the forest,
salmonberry are blooming
so pink and sweet,
and a wolf paces softly
down to the water
to lap a drink.

I have seen too much
that was never in my dreams.
My heart is weary
from holding all the pain.

And yet
in spite of us,
out front,
the cherry tree is budding,
and soon it will be covered
in white blossoms
once again.



for Carrie at the 200th Sunday Muse. Congratulations to all Musers! I'm retired, and I live on the West Coast of Vancouver Island in Canada where the scenery is pretty spectacular. It informs many of my poems. I have been blogging since 2010, and love this forum for sharing poems which otherwise would be languishing in a drawer somewhere. Smiles. I am very grateful for The Muse - such a fine group of people (and poets), who reciprocate comments, not always found elsewhere in the 'sphere. Stay strong, poets. Times are hard.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, and most definitely:

    “Yet somewhere, in the forest,
    salmonberry are blooming
    so pink and sweet,
    and a wolf paces softly
    down to the water
    to lap a drink.”

    “in spite of us,
    out front,
    the cherry tree is budding,
    and soon it will be covered
    in white blossoms
    once again”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature moves at it's own pace as the Emily quote goes
    This is heart stirring and lovely Sherry. I love that the magnificence of your landscape feeds your poetry. I always find your poetry to be inspiring my friend. Thank you for your sweet words and for your never ending poetic support here. You are a blessing to know Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature continues in her blossoming. She known the right time.
    A beautiful burst reminding us to made this world wonderful instead

    Happy Sunday. Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I know you'd choose the wolf? (it wasn't hard!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this poem … most of all the stanzas of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Yet somewhere, in the forest,
    salmonberry are blooming" - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that nature continues to carry on and bloom. Somewhere out there a wolf laps water.

    I envy your cherry tree...there are none around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you have found yourself in the midst of beauty that feeds your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom Nature best she can endures and accommodates the folly and harshness of us humans. We have been to Vancouver Island and spent half a day in your beautiful Butchart Garden. Sooo very pretty. That same day we had Fish and Chips at the marina of Vancouver. Made my top ten list.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen too much
    that was never in my dreams.
    My heart is weary
    from holding all the pain.

    Who have not Sherry, with all the goings-on that happen suddenly as if on cue. Just about taking a deep breath there comes the Ukraine conflict! The unexpected is always expected to happen!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed one's heart has reason to be weary...but Sherry, you pointed out in your poem that there is beauty to appreciate as well. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It feels like an impossible balance between taking in the grief that seems as if it's being served on an unending line and still seeing the small blooms and hopes. Your poems acknowledge both and support the hope. Very grateful to have a space to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry, a beautiful poem that reminds us to look to nature for solace. Your poems are imbued with nature spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing that anything can bloom in this world. Mother Nature disassociates herself from the horrors in the world. Well done, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This moved me to tears,
    Glad to be part of the Muse too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.