Sunday, February 13, 2022

What I Didn't Do Today

 


Here's to everything undone today:
the memoir untouched
the pantry not tidied
the floor unwashed
the bathroom not cleaned

Here's everything I did instead:
I turned off the news
sat outside in the sun as spring
tiptoed into the yard
smiled at
tiny crocuses stretching 
fragile new blooms
walked the beach
patted a puppy
and fed her a treat
picked up some dressing
at the CoOp
for the salad I will eat
this afternoon
listened to some tunes
that took me back
to when the earth and I
were young
counted my blessings
in certainty that

This is Enough.


Wild Writing inspired by "Ode" by Zoe Higgins. The italicized lines are hers.

1 comment:

  1. Sherry, sounds like you had a nice peaceful day today. Listening to some tunes. Sitting in the sun. Planning a salad! Most of all, staying away from the news.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.