Thursday, March 5, 2020

Beautiful Boy



I opened the door to go in
and there he was:
tall, black, beautiful,
a big-eared wolf-dog
who looked just like Pup.
"Oh! what a beautiful boy you are!"
I exclaimed, patting.

As my hand went to my pocket
for a treat,
he did the Pup head-tilt,
and sat, attentive.
Treats, pats, my heart
full of love and grief.

It was hard to complete my business
with him so beautiful,
and there.
I put on a smile, and
stuffed down my tears.
It was harder still to leave him,
to open the door
and walk away.

My heart wept all the way home.
It is weeping still.

Beautiful boy.

5 comments:

  1. The universe sends us messengers, sometimes, if we are lucky..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bittersweet experience. To see Pup in another and to have to let that Pup go. I would have cried too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Sherry and really hits my heart. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this makes me sad, Sherry. How much you miss your Pup still.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.