Friday, August 25, 2023

Because It Is My Heart

 

  Wolf Woman collage 
 created by Ella of Ella's Edge

I selected what went in with great care:
wolf howls and a shaman
with wise kind eyes;
a big black wolf whose eyes
and memory
never leave me; hope and love
and trust in the divine,
waves rolling endlessly
onto sandy beaches,
and an old-growth forest,
breathing peace;
music and puppy paws, wagging tails
and doggy smiles,
lions and elephants, whalesong
and birds on the wing.
I packed them all in together,
leaving nothing out,
because it is everything I love,
and because it is my heart.


Packing the good stuff into my heart. A poem from 2016 to shre with Desperate Poets open link.

8 comments:

  1. That collage is very cool. I can see you as a wolf woman! Nice ending, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice turnabout on the famous Crane poem. Turning bitter to sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the good stuff... sure gladdens the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are the wolf we feed, as it is said. An herbal tea brewed from the sanctuary of a happy pup's smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Sherry. So much of what we carry is beyond our power, yet there is also the cargo we have loaded ourselves, and yours is the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! Sharing to keep always. (I feel as if I know your heart.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great poem Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely have created an excellent word picture of who you are. So much love in your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.