Saturday, February 11, 2023

To Speak With Clouds

 


Mother Sky,
teach me to speak
the language of clouds.
My feet on earth,
my eyes on the sky,
my heart swooping and soaring
with Raven,
with Eagle, with Owl,
I am adrift in the beauty
of your forever blue.

I have walked through this lifetime,
head tipped back and
smiling at the sky,
enraptured by your puffy
storybook clouds,
your ever-changing colours,
your huge canvas,
which inspires all of
our dreaming.

Teach me to speak
as gently as clouds,
so my footprint on earth
will grow ever lighter,
like Wolf, like Deer,
like Heron.

After I learn
the soft-speak of Cloud,
may I next learn
how to speak Tree.

for earthweal's open link. An old one, as I am enjoying the clouds so much these days.

4 comments:

  1. The clouds are so expressive if one takes time to look to the skies. As are trees. If we could only speak their language..... beautiful poem, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That light footprint is so important and yet we can't seem to get the drills out of the ground and stop the endless extraction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful languages to learn. This poem is beautiful - the yearning to connect more deeply with nature is palpable. Suzanne - Mapping Uncertainty

    ReplyDelete
  4. To speak the language of the clouds is a tongue worth learning, indeed. Beautiful poetry, my friend. - True

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.