Sunday, October 23, 2022

Fox Music

 


Photoshop Manipulation By Julien Tabet


Fox,
you take the high notes
and I'll take the low.
Where the song will take us,
we don't yet know.

We humans have caused
a planet-full of
inclement weather.
Teach us a song of harmony
that we can sing together.

Remind us we are only one
of earth's many creatures.
We will be your students,
and you, our teachers.

We can learn again
from you how to belong,
and join in altogether
 singing an earthlings' song.






This reminds me what it felt like as a kid, when adults would tickle us into helplessness, thinking we were enjoying it because we were laughing, but it felt like too much. Fox giggles are adorable though.

15 comments:

  1. "Remind us we are only one
    of earth's many creatures."

    Happy Sunday Sherry
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fox, / you take the high notes / and I'll take the low./ Where the song will take us, / we don't yet know." Indeed we don't, and that journey is so vital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "when adults would tickle us into helplessness" ... "Fox giggles are adorable though." I love your footnote as much as your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the overarching conceit of a song, of singing, the promise of harmony, to inspire and work towards in hope. May it be so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the opening lines, who knows where those notes will lead.

    There is a fox alert near where I walk. they think it may be rabid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From your pen to humanity's ears, Sherry! Well written!

    ~David

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Helen … listen carefully, I’m singing your song. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this so much Sherry; the message from the heart, and the rhyme, and the video! You always inspire me my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just wonderful. The rhyme, the sentiment and the footnotes too :-) Now I'm going to google what fox giggles sound like!

      Delete
    2. They giggle like crazy in the video I included.

      Delete
  9. Yes, we should just sit with the fox and be silent. let it teach us without our failed input.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a lot to learn from the animals for sure. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. and join in altogether
    singing an earthlings' song.

    We can do with lots of working together in this very divided world, Sherry!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pure Sherry! And that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.