Tuesday, September 15, 2026

He Walks Among the Stars

 


The starpainters have taken over now. They look down briefly on this planet of turmoil and trouble, shrug briefly, then turn to play among the northern lights.

Down below, I stand, an old woman, seeing things I never thought could happen in the land of the free, my heart aching…….swooshing down landslides in Nepal, climbing into vans with handcuffed innocents hauled away by masked and heartless ghouls, an orange wanna be king taking up all the oxygen with his ranting rhetoric. The Himalayas are melting, and people are distracted by all the chaos (which is an effective strategy for those making all the money). I am looking up....up above the cacophony and suffering on this planet, trying to catch a glimpse of the starpainters, watching for the One Who Walks Among the Stars, for he is truly there now, painting beauty across the sky.


for Mish's wonderful prompt at dVerse, a tribute to Canada's Gord Downie, who was given the title Man Who Walks Among the Stars, by the Assembly of First Nations. He succumbed to brain cancer at the age of 52. In his short life, he gave the world so much. 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that there is still hope to be found in the skies - and also the people brave enough to point to them and describe the sufferings of the earth - jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the reference that the starpainters turn towards the northern lights. Shrugging indeed at the turmoil taking place around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.