Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2026

In The Slow Lane

 


Wild Woman never hurries
any more.
Her pace is slow and stately,
like an old barge,
plying stagnant waters.

Sometimes she yearns for
a tugboat
to give her a little push.

Yesterday, on my mobility scooter, I passed a blonde cherub beaming at me from his stroller. He thought my scooter was very cool and would have liked to trade. "Wheels at both ends of the spectrum", I grinned at his parents as we passed.

2 comments:

  1. A slow lane is a good lane to be in - I am so glad that little cherub smiled at you along the way to make the journey special - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled at your note. Wheels at both of the spectrum, indeed. But, we need those wheels during the journey. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.