Sunday, November 17, 2013

Becoming Tea

There are no accidents. I happened upon the delightful volume of poems Reduced to Joy by Mark Nepo, (author of  the New York Times bestseller The Book of Awakening), and smiled with delight at this wonderful poem.

Coming Out

While there is much to do
we are not here to do.

Under the want to problem-solve
is the need to being-solve.

Often, with full being
the problem goes away.

The seed being-solves its
darkness by blooming.

The heart being-solves its loneliness
by loving whatever it meets.

The tea being-solves the water
by becoming tea.

Thanks, Mark. I so needed that!

15 comments:

  1. Sherry,

    You bring and share such wonderful gems to this Blogosphere:)
    Anything that instructs us to drink more tea, can only be a joy...I absolutely love tea and the comfort it brings...
    Thinking of your 'nearly there' comfort Sherry!!!

    Best wishes,
    Eileen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry. I just returned from reading poetry at Pendle Hill, the Quaker Center. Read my portraits of Peace ...and we all became tea for a minute, a second. I'm so happy to come home to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to read your post, Sherry. The being poem is so simple it is almost difficult to understand.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a simple way it speaks about a great lesson. If we always look at the brighter side, life will be wonderful:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a good uplifting poem you found...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool. I just discovered him too. This is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this gem Sherry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this Sherry. Being...yes,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. a good share, Sherry ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. often with full being the problem goes away....smiles...there is a lot of wisdom in this one sherry....i like it much....

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, I so needed that too!

    Thanks for sharing, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to practice "full being" I think...well I know I too often worry a problem to no solution. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.