Wednesday, March 20, 2013

An Imperfect Pilgrimage

image from brainyquote.com

The Buddha calls it
"the work to be done",
the living of this life,
the honing down, 
the stripping away,
the letting go,
the being of service -
(especially, the being of service).

Slowly, over the years,
our wisdom eye
begins to open.

Open......the eye of beauty.

Open......the eye of joy.

We begin to listen to
an underlying frequency,
tune in to the
collective consciousness,
know that we Know,
that somewhere within,
there is an Observer
who is doing the watching.

As we open
and open and open
deeper into the mystery,
we open the eye of Love,
with which to better make
our imperfect pilgrimage.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the idea of opening the eye of love, Sherry. Sometimes it takes us a while to learn what is important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this Sherry. Through the years we do learn to love easier and realize how much we have to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Sherry. It is a meditation that took me back to my center. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, you know how to write on these subjects so well. We sang a song I wrote in church, "Lord, Lift The Veil From My Eyes," this week. This is essentially the same message. Open our eyes... but with US doing the "doing," not depending on an otherworldly God, and I totally am on board with that. (Yes, I'm the world's screwiest Christian, who actually accepts all paths! Why can't more join me?!) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful concept... though too much of a hypothesis for sleepers like me... Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.