Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jeff's latest poem for me



My son, Jeff, is such a blessing in my life. We have walked a long journey together, through his years of suffering, when words flew between us like birds, and we learned the meaning of acceptance, and unconditional love, and Being There. And through his treatment for lymphoma, when I hobbled to the city to sit with him in the oncology ward.

We have always been able to talk about anything. Including death. Conscious living, conscious dying. Being Present.

I remember his huge blue eyes, looking up at me when he was three, the eyes of an angel, an unclouded innocent. We share the gift of knowing what the gifts of living are: the beauty of the natural world, the possibility of transcendance in humankind. He has the Family Cackle. [When our family gets together, it sounds like a fox is in the henhouse:) ]

He continues to humble me, leaving me in awe of being such a gifted soul's mother. His latest poem seems to be his acknowledgment of my aging. It actually is a song, set to music. He creates incredible music, including classical pieces that sound like Bach and Mozart. I havent heard this set to music yet, but no doubt I will soon:)

I Fly Through a River of Dreams

by Jeffrey Siddhartha Crazy Horse Marr


I was a child but I have grown
Your quiet house is all I've known
The crooked peach-tree in the yard
The killing rain we took too hard


And now I must cry
And embrace you
And wave good-bye...


Chorus.


I Fly Through a River of Dreams
Where love is like a summer breeze
I Fly Through a River of Dreams
That carries me toward the Sea

I see you on the bright-green bank
You are the one that I must thank
I see your face and sky-blue dress
Come, let us touch our last caress


And now I must cry
And embrace you
And wave good-bye...


Repeat Chorus.


We'll meet again just you and I
Beneath a peach-tree in the yard
The two of us will never die
And rain becomes a little sigh


And now I must cry
And embrace you
And say good-bye...


Siddhartha Marr.

3 comments:

  1. He is amazing. It is a beautiful write, hopeful and all that includes, but I found a tear in my eye, such a son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dear soul Jeff is, Sherry...still shining with the same gentle spirit he had as a child!

    It's been a true journey of discovery with our sons, hasn't it? And aren't we so blessed to have them in our lives...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing your son must be for you and you must be for him. How wonderful that you share the poetic connection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.